As a Backend Engineer you are responsible for building the tools and internal services we use to integrate and process large data sets (30+ million new records a day) for our products. Our products, powered by data science, are integrated into the largest online stores in the US and Europe and provide shopping experiences that revolutionize ecommerce. You will be directly responsible for developing and maintaining the platform that powers our products.
This is an opportunity for you to directly impact our 40 million users and to ensure their happiness. You will take pleasure in lots of hacking and iteration to explore the problem space and polish your code relentlessly to ship high quality products. If you are passionate about building awesome products at massive scale, this is your opportunity.
- Design and build software that scales to terabytes of data
- Collaborate with R&D to implement the algorithms that power our products
- Build the back-end component of one of the world's most advanced ecommerce analytics platforms we are developing to derive meaning from our users' data
- Perform code reviews
We are looking for smart people who are hungry to tackle massive challenges. If the responsibilities are attractive to you and you would like to test your capabilities in a dynamic, unstructured, fast paced environment, we would love to talk to you.
We believe in using the right tool for the right job instead of a particular set of technologies. Experience with our current stack is useful, but not required.
- Frontend: AngularJS, React/Flux
- API/Services: Java/Scala (Dropwizard, Jetty, Akka/Play), Go
- Admin/Backend: Ruby/Rails (sidekiq), PostgreSQL
- Data: Java/Scala (Spark), Python (Luigi), Kafka
- DevOps: GitHub, TravisCI, Dokku, HipChat, Sentry, PagerDuty, New Relic, AWS, Docker, Terraform
- QA: BrowserStack, JIRA, Java (Selenium)
Be part of a successful startup with phenomenal growth opportunities
Casual, fun, international team
Competitive compensation package, flexible vacation days
Cool downtown office with games, beer, wine and more
Drinks, lunches and dinners with the founders
We love people who want to move to Europe or want to move to Budapest within Europe. Our open arms policy includes relocation benefits so we pay for your move.
Based in San Francisco with a development office in Budapest, Hungary, Secret Sauce Partners enables the world's largest ecommerce companies to provide the best shopping experiences online. Our products are branded and built into ecommerce web sites and are actively used by over 40 million users. We are well funded, fun, dynamic and growing fast. Join us!