Senior Backend Engineer
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will be architecting and implementing a set of services that process and serve large data sets we receive from our partners. The services are used to process the data powering our products and provide a scalable way of accessing the data. Our products, powered by data science, are integrated into the largest ecommerce stores in the US and Europe and provide shopping experiences that revolutionize online commerce.
Spark is at the front and center of our data services. If you do not have much experience with Spark, this is an opportunity for you to learn about the big data technology ecosystem surrounding Hadoop and Spark.
As part of our engineering team, you will impact our 40+ million users and to ensure their happiness. If you are passionate about working with data, big and small, this is your opportunity.
- Design, build and maintain the data services that power our products
- Design, build and maintain highly scalable APIs that serve thousands of concurrent users
- Scale the data services to hundreds of GBs of data
- Perform code reviews
We are looking for smart people who are hungry to tackle massive challenges. If the responsibilities are attractive to you and you would like to test your capabilities in a dynamic, fast paced environment, we would love to talk to you.
We believe in using the right tool for the right job instead of a particular set of technologies. Experience with our current stack is useful, but not required.
- Frontend: ES6, AngularJS, React/Flux
- Backend: Java 8 (Dropwizard, Spark), Go
- Admin: Ruby/Rails (sidekiq), PostgreSQL
- Data: Python (Airflow, Spark), Redshift
- DevOps: AWS, GitHub, Circle CI, HipChat, Sentry, New Relic, Docker, Packer, Terraform, Ansible
- QA: BrowserStack, JIRA, Java (Selenium)
Be part of a successful startup with phenomenal growth opportunities
Casual, fun, international team
Competitive compensation package, flexible vacation days
Cool downtown office with games, beer, wine and more
Based in San Francisco with a development office in Budapest, Hungary, Secret Sauce Partners enables the world's largest ecommerce companies to provide the best shopping experiences online. Our products are branded and built into ecommerce web sites and are actively used by over 40 million users. We are well funded, fun, dynamic and growing fast. Join us!