As a Platform Engineer you will be building the infrastructure and the tooling around our hyper-growth services. Our services are integrated into some of the largest retail websites in the the US and Europe.
This is also an opportunity for you to learn container technologies, like Docker and dive into advanced topics like service orchestration, service discovery, and distributed, loosely coupled systems or apply your previous experience and perfect them. We are processing terabytes of data through our applications and are pushing the scalability limits of existing technologies. If you are up for new challenges, this is the job for you.
- You provide the foundation of our services by operating a platform that the engineering team builds on top of
- You write code that describes our infrastructure and automates steps necessary to operate our platform
- You ensure that our infrastructure is tested to the same high standards as our services
- You perform code reviews and give feedback to other engineers
- A mindset to automate everything
- Good coding skills and a basic understanding of OOP
- Good understanding of configuration management (experience with Ansible or Puppet is a plus)
- Amazon Web Services (S3, CloudFront, EC2, EMR, Redshift, etc.)
- Docker (experience with Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS or Swarm is a plus)
- Hashicorp ecosystem (Terraform, Packer, Consul, Vault, Atlas, Nomad)
- Linux system administration (Debian, Ubuntu et al)
- PaaS (Heroku, Empire, Convox)
We are looking for smart people who are hungry to tackle massive challenges. If the responsibilities are attractive to you and you would like to test your capabilities in a dynamic, fast paced environment, we would love to talk to you even if you think you do not meet the requirements above.
We believe in using the right tool for the right job instead of a particular set of technologies. Experience with our current stack is useful, but not required.
- Frontend: AngularJS, React/Redux (Flux)
- API/Services: Java/Scala (Dropwizard, Jetty, Akka/Play), Go
- Admin/Backend: Ruby/Rails, PostgreSQL
- Data: Python (Luigi, Scrapy), Java/Scala (Spark), Kafka, Redshift
- DevOps: GitHub, Circle, HipChat, Sentry, PagerDuty, New Relic, AWS, Docker, Terraform
- QA: BrowserStack, JIRA, Java (Selenium)
- Be part of a successful startup with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Casual, fun, international team
- Competitive compensation package, flexible vacation days
- Stock options
- Cool downtown office with games, beer, wine and more
- Drinks, lunches and dinners with the founders
- PokeStop right in the office and PokeGym within 100 meters.
We love people who want to move to Europe or want to move to Budapest within Europe. Our open arms policy is backed up by relocation benefits so we pay for your move.
Based in San Francisco with a development office in Budapest, Hungary, Secret Sauce Partners enables the world's largest ecommerce companies to provide the best shopping experiences online. Our products are branded and built into ecommerce web sites and are actively used by over 40 million users. We are well funded, fun, dynamic and growing fast. Join us!